Brioche French Toast with Griddled ApplesA quick and easy healthy recipe! (yields: 4 servings)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c. half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 slices brioche or challah (1-inch thick)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided
- 2 medium apples, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- A pinch of kosher salt
- Butter, pure maple syrup, & flaky salt for serving
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, and salt in a shallow dish until thoroughly combined.
- Place a large, cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat on the stovetop. Dip 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture and soak for 30 seconds per side. Add 1 Tbsp. coconut oil to the skillet and heat until melted and beginning to shimmer. Carefully add the soaked bread to the skillet and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 2 slices and 1 Tbsp. oil.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and apples to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are light golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Serve the French toast with the apples, butter, syrup, and flaky salt, if desired.