Black Bean & Salmon TostadasA quick and easy healthy recipe! (yields: 4 servings)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 6- to 7-oz. can boneless, skinless wild Alaskan salmon, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced pickled jalapeños, plus 2 Tbsp. pickling juice from the jar, divided
- 2 c. coleslaw mix (see Tip) or shredded cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. prepared salsa
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 375° F.
- Coat tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place on 2 baking sheets. Bake, turning once, until light brown, 12 - 14 minutes.
- Combine salmon, avocado, and jalapenos in a bowl. Combine cabbage, cilantro, and the pickling juice in another bowl. Process black beans, sour cream, salsa, and scallions in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high until hot, about 2 minutes.
- To assemble tostadas, spread each tortilla with some bean mixture and some salmon mixture. Top with the cabbage salad. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Tip: Look for convenient pre-shredded cabbage-and-carrot “coleslaw mix” near other prepared vegetables in the produce section of the supermarket.