Skillet Red Beans and RiceThis recipe is fast and gluten free. It can also be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick lunch or dinner. (Yield: 4 servings)
- 4 oz. chopped andouille sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 c. onion, chopped
- 3/4 c. celery, chopped
- 1/2 c. green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 c. unsalted chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 1/3 c. chopped green onions
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add sausage; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.\
- Add garlic, onion, celery, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in beans, chicken stock, vinegar, salt, and ground red pepper. Cover, bring to a simmer, and cook 4 minutes.
- Mash half of bean mixture in pan.
- Stir in rice; cover, and cook 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions.