Golden MilkThis traditional Indian beverage has amazing health benefits including anti-inflammatory properties, immune-boosting antioxidants, and sleep-inducing amino acids.
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp. honey plus additional to taste (to make vegan, swap maple syrup)
- 1-1/2 tsp. almond butter
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon plus additional for serving
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- Optional additions: tiny pinch ground black pepper, cardamom, or cloves
- Combine the milk, honey, almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, and any optional spices in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium until warmed through, whisking briskly so that the almond butter does not stick to the bottom and the spices incorporate. Do not let boil. Pour into a mug and enjoy.
To Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container, such as a mason jar, for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
To Reheat: Warm on the stove, stirring to recombine the spices and almond butter.