Fig & Walnut Energy BarsThese fragrant and spicy energy bars are packed with fiber and have an excellent chunky, chewy texture. (yield: 16 bars)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1 c. bran cereal
- 1/4 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 c. walnut pieces
- 1-1/2 c. stemmed, dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the oats, cereal, flour, walnuts, figs, dry milk, cinnamon, and ginger in a food processor and coarsely chop.
- Add the honey and eggs. Pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and spread evenly with your fingers. Bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then cut into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months.