Superfast Chicken Posole RecipeThis Mexican-style soup is hearty, comforting, and ready in 20 minutes! (Yield: 4 servings)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) package prechopped onion and celery mix
- 4 cans tomatillos, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 (14 oz.) cans fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- (15 oz.) can white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, diced (optional)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
- Cilantro leaves (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oregano and next 4 ingredients (through onion and celery mix); saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatillos; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and hominy; cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and cook 8 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook l minute or until heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice, salt, and pepper. Divide evenly among 4 bowls. Top with avocado. radish, and cilantro, if desired.