Mexican Street CornThis Mexican street corn is bright. fresh, and perfect for a summer backyard picnic. (yields: 8 servings)
- 8 small ears of corn with husks
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil or canola oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. crumbled Cotija cheese (3 OZ.)
- 1/4 c. snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. lime zest (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Peel back corn husks. but do not remove. Remove silks; rinse corn. Fold husks back around corn. Tie husk tops with 100% cotton kitchen string to secure. Soak corn in enough water to cover for 1 - 2 hours; drain.
- Grill corn, covered. over medium 30 - 35 minutes or until kernels are tender, turning once. Remove string and pull back husks. Tie husks with string to hold open.
- Place corn on a platter and brush with oil. In a small bowl combine chili powder, cayenne pepper (if desired), and salt; sprinkle over corn. Top with cheese, cilantro, and. if desired, lime zest. Serve with lime wedges.